How does the challenge work? Each week on Wendy's blog she will post an article with Scripture, selected readings from Simply in Season, commentary from a guest poster, questions for reflection, and an activity or challenge for readers to complete in order to eat more locally and in season! She is also graciously offering some nice give-aways. Here is a list of the topics for each week:
April 3: Where does your food come from?
This week’s giveaway is a $15 gift card to localharvest.org
April 10: Creation (featuring a guest post by Hallee at Hallee the HomeMaker)
This week’s giveaway will be a set of organic cotton napkins from Litter Free Lunch
April 17: Animals (featuring an interview with Betsy Meerman of Grassfields Cheese)
April 24: Health (featuring a guest post by Katie at Kitchen Stewardship)
May 1: Farm Workers (featuring a guest post by Angie at Powered by Produce)
May 8: Time (featuring a guest post by Heather at One Brick at a Time)
May 15: Bible and Food (featuring an interview with Amy at Homestead Revival)
May 22: Globalization
May 29: Money (featuring guest post by Michelle at Traditional Simplicity)
June 5: Fair Trade (featuring guest post by Donielle at Naturally Knocked Up)
June 12: Local Farms (featuring a guest post by Krista at The Garden Gourmet)
June 19: Advocacy (featuring an interview with Kate Kooyman of the Office of Social Justice of the Christian Reformed Church)
This week’s giveaway will be a pound of Brew Justice coffee.
June 26: Celebration (wrap up)
How can you participate?
1. Dust off your copy of Simply in Season, find one at the library, or buy a copy of Simply in Season Expanded Edition (World Community Cookbook). Having a copy is not required, but it will make a lot more sense if you do!
2. Sign up on Wendy's Mister Linky to let everyone know you’re participating. If you don’t have a blog, give your full name and city /state (or province) in the comments.
3. Each Saturday, visit her site, read the post, and answer the questions for reflection in the comments. (1 entry)
4. If you have a blog, feel free to post about your call to action assignment and link back to her post for that week. You can use the blog button on her site. If you don’t have a blog, send Wendy an email describing how you completed your assignment. (1 additional entry. Must be posted or emailed to her by 12 PM EST on Friday).
5. Post the badge on your blog. (Optional)
I was truly honored that Wendy asked me to guest post on the Bible and Food category. It's a privilege to be able to participate along with so many wonderful bloggers. It should be an exciting three months. I'm already over there so come join me!