.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pausing To Enjoy Your Homestead

Do you ever just stop and stand in the middle of your homestead and take in all the beauty around you and relish it? I mean really soak it in? 



I love doing the outdoor chores early in the morning when few people are up yet. Or in the early evening before the sun goes down when the air is clean but full of little insects flying around in the sun's last rays, the quail are calling to one another, a horse down the road makes a muffled noise, shadows cast themselves long across the grass...


I just love it!




I needed a break from all the hustle and bustle going on when God provided a quiet evening and some time at home. While out tending the chickens I just stopped to listen to all that was going on around me (wish my camera could capture sounds like it does sights!).






I could hear thunder off in the south east, crickets were starting their night song, a lone coyote was howling, and a mourning dove was call to it's mate... so peaceful. 




I don't know why, but moments like this always remind me that God is still on His throne and in control. His sovereignty is such a comfort. And I am grateful.






What is the chief end of man?  
Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.
  ~ The Westminster Shorter Catechism



Hoping you can take some time to really enjoy your own homestead this weekend! And enjoy God!





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails