.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blogging Bee #3

I want to give a warm welcome to all the new followers this week! What a blessing to have each and every one of you as part of the Homestead Revival and for your wonderful comments! It has encouraged me greatly to know that so many women are reclaiming the home and land! In the past I've tried to send a personal welcome message to each person, but it hasn't been possible this week. I want you to know that I see you there! And many of you have been great to leave comments! Thank you because it helps everyone get more out of the discussion when you do.




So let's move on to the Blogging Bee this week! There are three steps to this fun event:


1) Write a post telling something(s) you learned this week from another blog that is worth passing on. 


2) Grab the graphic above and link back to Homestead Revival. 


3) Come back and add your name to Mr. Linky below.  


Then idea is that others can find all that good information and great blogs will get recognized! So pick your favorites and join in the Bee!


Amy's Picks


This week didn't leave me as much time as I like for reading other blogs, but I did come across a few gems...


Kendra wrote a very heart felt post on her Second Biggest Homestead Mistake over at New Life On A Homestead. You must read this! It's right along the path of what I've been talking about in prepping basics. And she deserves a bit of encouragement for going out on a limb writing such an honest, but helpful piece.


Sarah over at 8 Muddy Boots posted on making her own pre-made mixes for things like brownies. This would come in handy if you need desserts quickly. Just substitute whole wheat flour and sucanat and stick it in your freezer till you need it. These could be made for any number of things you like to bake and it wouldn't take very long. Just don't be tempted to make them too often! 


Tammy posted an incredible clip from The Natural History of the Chicken on her Flat Creek Farm blog. When she says have tissues ready, she isn't kidding! My two little girls watched it with me and let me just say... they are now taking their chicken duty a bit more seriously!


Tomorrow I have the house mostly to myself (daughter #1 will be helping me around here), so I hope to take a few breaks and read blogs. I'd love to see what you found this week!















LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails