I need to apologize... again! I posted almost nothing last week on my blog. Very uncharacteristic of me on the whole. I hadn't even had my camera out for most of the month! But there have been some good things going on around here and I even dug out my camera for a few quick shots (sorry the lightening was bad on them! I was in a hurry)....
• I worked on organizing my new seeds and started some indoor seedlings for cool weather crops and utilized some of that great worm composting from my worm bin! They all seemed to be at one end, so I scooped some castings out from the other end and mixed it with my potting soil along with some other amendments.
• Planned more on the future goat barn, garden, and bees. I had to move some things around, but I decided to leave the garden where it is.
• Made liquid hand soap from the left over soap scraps from my bar soap (it was only semi-successful)
• Been nursing a sick chicken for several days; amazingly she's still alive, but not sure she'll make it. I thought she was egg bound (and I tried olive oil around her vent), but she laid a nice regular sized egg this morning, so I'm thinking it's bacterial. I've been giving her water with probiotics. She is drinking well and even ate a bite of food today, but after just a few seconds, she's so tired her head drops and she goes back to sleep. Poor baby!
• Completed my training as a Global Media Outreach Volunteer - yeah!!! (It shouldn't be so time consuming now)
• Started making cultured dairy products from my new goat's milk. I'm trying some Middle Eastern Cheese this week from Wardeh's GNOWFGLINS class.
• and of course, did all the usual including an outing to the big city with my husband and some of the girls!
I did spend some time writing some blog articles that I haven't posted yet. I need to pray over them a bit more and tweak them some. A couple are for the Dear Daughter series. I'll give you a little clue... we've done some clothes shopping this week and I felt that writing out my thoughts in this series would be helpful. (When I write, it helps me get my thoughts in order and to think through why I believe what I believe. I hope you can benefit from some of it.)
In other news, this is Kelly's last week with the Barn Hop. Nothing bad, but the Monday timing wasn't working well for her and she has a new adventure planned for a link up that will fit her schedule better. We hate to see her go and wish her the very best!