If you have a ton of cukes coming off the vine and your goal is to eat "local", then you're going to need some ways to move that food through the kitchen and onto the plate without it all seeming the same. Check out these 6 delishes cucumber recipes from various eCourses and books at GNOWFGLINS that you could be learning.
Why a GNOWFGLINS eCourse?
Personally, I found that cultured, lacto-fermented, and sourdough foods were so vastly different than how I learned to prepare foods, that just reading a book was too sketchy for me. I needed to SEE it in action. I wanted someone who would SHOW me it was done. I wanted to see what the starter would look like at various stages, how the cheese should look, or when the kefir grains were ready.
Yep, Wardeh gave me all kinds of help through videos, forums, and printed material with photos. I could ask questions, talk to others taking the same class (or those who had already taken it) and by doing so, really understand the why and how of it all.
And the time factor... I could work it into my own schedule, not the teacher's. If I needed to slow down, I could. There were a couple of sessions, I camped out on until I mastered the technique, and then I moved on. And I'll confess, there were a couple of sessions, where I must have watched the teaching video 10 X! Not that Wardeh wasn't clear, but it was so foreign to me, I needed to absorb it ALL. I would have never figured that lesson out without her help!
Can I just say it's changing the way we eat! And I'm still learning. As an affiliate, I earn money every time someone signs up through a link on my blog. Most of the time, I use that money to take another course!
If you considered a class in the past but haven't taken that first step of actually signing up, you might like to know that Wardeh's made a few changes. While GNOWFGLINS is Wardeh's family business, it's also her ministry. Her heart is not just to sell class space, but to reform cooking in homes across America, so she's always very generous in her offerings. So here's a list of things she's recently changed or added:
- eCourse, general membership with many features. Starting at $8/mo! Details about the various plans here: https://rl102.infusionsoft.com/go/ecourse/a16/
- Fundamentals eCourse, our 1st class, available on ANY membership plan
- Sourdough eCourse, our 2nd class, available on ANY membership plan
- Cultured Dairy and Basic Cheese eCourse, 3rd class, available on ANY membership plan
- Lacto-Fermentation eCourse, 4th class, also available on ANY membership plan
- Fundamentals II eCourse, 5th class, also available on ANY membership plan
- NEW in July! Real Food Kids: In the Kitchen, our 6th class, also available on ANY plan
- Weekly Menu Plans, included with the premium membership but also available ala carte
- Fundamentals eBook, available ala carte
- Sourdough A to Z eBook, available ala carte
- Cultured Dairy and Basic Cheese eBook, available ala carte
- Thank you videos, available ala carte, as well as given monthly to standard and premium members
I feel like I've just barely scratched the surface... there's so much to see at GNOWFGLINS. I hope you'll click one of my links and see for yourself.
Here's a challenge I think you'll find hard to resist...
By taking an eCourse, you would spend as little as $8 a month but no more than $30 a month for all the bells and whistles. And there's plenty of choices in between. By taking the class, you could make an extra meal at home each month (probably from cooking something in the course) and skip one meal out. Financially, I bet you'd still come out ahead! Crunch the numbers and see if this might not be the case (depending on the size of your family).
Depending on what kitchen tools and course you take, there might be some things you purchase for the course, such as starter cultures, etc. But if you're wanting to make a lifestyle change, you're going to buy these things at some point anyway. I found that I didn't need to buy everything all at once. Knowing what lesson it would be used in, I could wait until just prior to that session to make that purchase. This helped spread the cost out and fit my budget better.
For most questions you have, you'll probably find the answer HERE, but I'd be glad to try and answer any you may still have. If you've taken a course, please chime in with your experience! And thank you in advance for using any one of my affiliate links... I greatly appreciate it!
All photos in this post are courtesy of GNOWFGLINS.