Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Salted Maple Popcorn!

Sad Proposition 37 didn't pass? Me, too.

Here... some Salted Maple GMO-free popcorn will make it all better!



Salted Maple Popcorn
Recipe Courtesy of This Homemade Life

Ingredients:
1 cup organic popping corn* (unpopped)
3 T. butter - separated into 2 T. and 1 T.
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
sea salt (in this case I used Redmond's Real Salt - it has minerals, thus the flecks you see)
natural wax paper or natural parchment paper

*corn labeled organic by law is GMO-free



Directions:
Place popcorn and 2 T. of butter in your "semi-off-grid" popcorn popper and pop nice and fluffy. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.



Melt the remaining 1 T. of butter in a small saucepan and then add maple syrup and gently whisk together. Turn off heat and add vanilla.



Immediately pour over popcorn and toss. This takes a while to coat all the pieces really good. I find that it helps to have four hands... two to hold the bowl and occasionally turn it and two to use large spoons to toss (or use your hands).

Turn out onto wax paper and spread into a single layer. Salt to taste.



Allow to air dry and then consume at will.

Yeah, right. We haven't had a dry batch yet... it's gone quicker than you can say...

"I'll take my corn organic, thank you very much"! 







15 comments:

  1. That's pretty sad prop 37 didn't pass. Big money screams louder. And the Lord's good purposes are even bigger, which is the joy part. But, I like your post. 'Cause I love popcorn. Maple syrup costs two arms and two legs here, but I think raw honey could work well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum cant wait to try this! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this looks like the perfect treat for today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I'm going to try this today to celebrate our fist snow cover. It doesn't hurt that our family has a maple sugaring business either. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disappointed by most election results. I really believe that the majority of voters are uninformed. Don't you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I confess I was a bit surprised. I thought with Benghazi and Sandy, it would have been the final straw for many. Apparently not. I've reframed from writing a post on the results as I'm mulling all this over in my mind. I have some opinions, to be sure. But how to communicate those best... praying about it.

      Delete
  6. Sounds delicious. Do you think this will work if I pop it in my electric popper using butter? Or should I use a saucepan on the stove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either will work, Rachel. You just need to have about 6 cups of POPPED corn... GMO-free, of course! :-)

      Delete
  7. I'm not big on sweet popcorn recipes, but this one sounds really good. I think I'll try it later today. My family will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so tasty! I don't have a popcorn popper quite like yours, but I can get this made all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, this recipe sounds divine! Guess what hubby & I are having this weekend for a snack?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is perfect! A friend and I are having a Little House Day today (for home-school. our children are all second generation home-schoolers, come to think of it!), and I ran out of time to make molasses popcorn balls. This will combine 2 elements- popcorn from Farmer Boy, and maple syrup from Little House In the Big Woods and work out wonderfully! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Homestead Revival™! Please feel free to contribute to the conversation by leaving your comments. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Eph. 4:29

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails