.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Chicken Coop Update

It's been a long time since I posted anything about the Hen Hilton. In fact, I don't think I've ever shown much of it on this blog at all. We don't move very fast around here because we get so many projects going, but weather, time, and money dictates which one we work on when we get a chance. 





My hen house is almost finished and the "girls" have long since moved in. However, I've decided that a portion of it will house my garden tools so I don't have to walk so far to the garage. And I don't think they'll mind a bit since it's so comfy in there. I had my husband build it so that there are two hen sections and a work room where the sink is located.














And we're still not done quite yet. We need windows, lights, finish the plumbing for the sink, racks and shelves for tools, plants, and a small walk-in run on one side for when we have chicks. Here are a few of the plants I've purchased to go around the outside of the chicken yard and will hopefully be planting this next week...







I still want to add a couple of climbing roses to the front of the coop itself. This has been my inspiration...



Country Home Magazine/ March 2008, pg. 72

I know that their hen house is much more rustic, and I adore that, but my husband believes everything must be really well made. I love that about him, but I really would have been fine with simple; rustic; small. Anyway, he promised me the same kind of windows. And I plan to add the roses. What do you think?




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails