.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Mediterranean Couscous

This is so-o-o-o good. Okay, I am a serious greek foodie, so keep that in mind when you try this dish. It isn't labor intensive and if you are making other dishes that are complicated, then this is an easy side that adds a lot of zing to your meal. But my favorite entree and side to serve it with is Cold Greek Cucumber Soup and some marinated meat k-bobs. I always hope to have extras for left-overs the next day because it's good cold, too!


Mediterranean Couscous

2 cups water
1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
3 T. - 1/4 cup lemon juice
1 minced garlic clove
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can garbanzo beans; drained
1/2 cup chopped parsley
3 green onions; chopped
1 package crumbled feta cheese
salt/pepper to taste


Boil water, remove from heat and add couscous. (I usually add my salt to the water just prior to adding the couscous.) Cover and let stand 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. 


In a larger serving bowl, whisk juice, garlic, and oil. Add couscous and let cool for 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently. I also reserve a bit of the feta cheese and a sprig of parsley to top the dish for a lovely presentation. 


Thanks goes to Stephanie who originally shared this with me!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails