.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Meet Mark McAfee, Raw Milk Dairy Farmer

My family has been drinking raw cow and goat milk for a few years now and we just love it! Yes, I'm blessed to live in a state that allows for raw milk dairy farmers to actually sell their product IF they are certified (something that is extremely difficult to acquire and maintain). At this point, I can't imagine ever going back to the homogenized and pasteurized, lifeless white stuff; which is one of the reasons I'm learning about goats from my friend, Lori, so that I can have access to my own milk!


Photo Credit: kthread


Today, I thought I'd share a video clip from my farmer friend (more of an acquaintance whom I get my produce from), Vernon Peterson of Abundant Harvest Organics, who visited Mark McAfee at his dairy farm, Organic Pastures. Many of you may have already heard about Mark. He's been very active in the raw milk movement and worked hard to convince the state of California to continue to allow the sale of raw milk  this past year (thank you, Mark!). This 8 minute video is just a quick overview of his cows and his philosophy. 


For those who want to come over to the Homestead Revival™ Community Forum and talk, I've started a discussion on raw milk. Just click the link at the bottom of this post! Or you can always leave a comment here! I'd love to hear what you think about it!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails