.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Pasta

As produce starts to come from the garden, it's time to pull out all those great recipes to utilize the vegetables in creative and tasty ways. Here is one I really like, from my friend Anna, which I modify every which way because it is so adaptable. I'm giving you the original version, but feel free to double the ingredients, change out a vegetable, add one in, or increase the amount of sauce you put on it. You just can mess it up because it always comes out tasting great! Simple and fool proof. Nice.


Roasted Vegetable Pasta

8 oz.  whole wheat fettuccine or your favorite pasta
2 T. olive oil
1 small eggplant, diced in large pieces
1 small onion, diced in large pieces
2 tomatoes, diced in large pieces
1 small zucchini, diced in large pieces
1 red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced (or more if you are like me and love it)
1/4 cup butter, room temp or melted
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup chopped basil

I use just about whatever veggies I have on hand, but these are my favorites.
Japanese eggplant is preferable, but use what you have! In the photo at the top, 
I used dehydrated tomatoes because mine are not ripe yet.

Dice vegetables into one inch pieces and place on a large cookie roll pan (Note: if you use a pan with deeper sides it will steam the produce while it's roasting; which is fine if you like it that way. Otherwise, a shallow pan keeps veggies more firm and crisp.) Toss with olive oil and roast or broil for at least 15 minutes or until skins are evenly blistered and charred, turning as needed. Remove from broiler and set aside.

Before roasting.


After roasting. I should have gone longer as I like mine even more charred.

While vegetables are roasting, boil water for pasta and cook al dente and drain. In the meantime, in another bowl, combine garlic, butter, lemon juice, parmesan, salt, and pepper. 


When vegetables and pasta are done, add to the large bowl with the garlic, butter, and parmesan sauce and toss well. Serve with additional parmesan and basil on top.

Bon appetit!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails