From the back, you can see all the pretty layers. I changed the order because in the original recipe it had the mini-chocolate chips and the peppermint at the top, but it was hidden by the ribbon. If you used a larger jar and didn't fill it up to the top, you wouldn't have that problem.
On top, I added some kraft paper stamped with a "To/From" tag to hide the metal lid.
- Peppermint Stick Cocoa
- Recipe from : Sunset, December 2004
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and peppermint candy.
- *Note: This mix will fill a 1-quart jar (12 servings), but if your containers are different sizes, just keep the ratio of ingredients constant. On the back of the tag, write: "Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Store remaining mix in airtight container."
- Don't forget to make some for yourself!