Sunday, December 23, 2012

Our Light Has Come!

One of my favorite verses at Christmas is Isaiah 60:1...

“ Arise, shine; for your light has come
And the glory of the LORD has risen upon you."


Perhaps because every year that I grow older, my heart aches just a little bit more for Jesus... to see Him part the sky and gather up His beloved into His glorious light. 

I imagine that's how many of the Israelites felt that holy night so many, many years ago.

Searching.

Longing.

No...  aching for Him to come!

Imagine their great joy and the glorious hope that it brought to their hurting hearts when the news reached each village... The Savior has been born! For those who believed it must have meant EVERYTHING!

We too hurt... and we search. We long and even ache for Him to come. 

But be comforted dear one... He CAME and He WILL come again

"If I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come again and receive you to Myself, 
that where I am, there you may be also."
~ John 14:3

No, He has not forgotten us. Someday...

"Those who sow in tears
shall reap with joyful shouting.
He who goes to and from weeping,
carrying his bag of seed,
Shall indeed come again
with a shout of joy,
bringing his sheaves with him."
~ Psalm 126:5-6

In all the hustle and bustle of preparations, take some time to bask in the Light of Christmas and the hope that He has and is coming! Our King is near!



15 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Amy ~ What a beautiful post for this Sunday morning. I am so looking for Jesus' return. DH and I hoped for years that we would be raptured together, but he was called home two weeks ago. I am looking forward to our reunion. That time will be when God is ready. My hope is in Him to work all things out.

    Thank you again for this post.

    Have a lovely Christmas and a great 2013.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lorraine... my heart aches for you; for the temporary separation that has occurred! It would be unbearable I'm sure, but oh how much greater it makes that hope in Christ! Against the backdrop of darkness and sorrow, He shines even brighter!!! Bask in HIM this Christmas and His great love for you and know that the saints both weep and rejoice with you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Basking in Him is definitely what I need to do.

      FlowerLady Lorraine

      Delete
  2. That was beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aching for his promised return...thank you, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amen! The "labor pains" are getting closer together and much more intense. We'll soon be with our King!

    FlowerLady Lorraine, I'm so sorry for your loss. God is collecting every tear you cry (Psalm 56:8). Some day soon, He will wipe them all away (Revelation 21:4).

    Thank you, Amy, for sharing God's Word.


    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your comment makes more tears well up, it's all part of the healing process.

      FlowerLady Lorraine

      Delete
  5. Dear Amy,

    What you said was just perfect, a true heart of a believer.

    I just want you to know, that I so enjoy when you pop over and visit the blog! I read your posts all the time and have enjoyed all of your wonderful Christmas posts :) I have been staying off the computer as much as I can this season, because I so want to enjoy every minute with my husband, children, and family. That is why it has been so quite over at the homestead!

    Sending you and yours a Christmas blessing,
    Abby Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Amy.
    This made me cry.
    We all ache at different times, for different reasons. But the longing I have for my Lord's return... Yes, I imagine it is quite like what the Isrealites felt so long ago.
    -Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. How odd - I shared this on Facebook, but the text that came up in my FB share post is the text of the first comment rather than your post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... not sure why. Did you know that before you post you can edit the text?

      Delete
  8. Amen, and Praise God He is coming again! What a day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true and so encouraging. Thanks for always sharing from your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Homestead Revival™! Please feel free to contribute to the conversation by leaving your comments. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Eph. 4:29

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails