.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Saving Christmas Memories

I love getting photo Christmas cards each year. It's often the only time I get to see some of my dear friends that live miles away. And I love looking at our own family cards, reflecting on past Christmas celebrations, and seeing how the family has grown and changed year after year.

Typically, a copy of each year's card gets put in a special album or box, but I have found that I seldom get time to pull it out and reflect on them. So here's a way to enjoy those cards year after year, every Christmas season.... 

Frame them.


I haven't had a chance to do them all, but I found the last four Christmas cards and popped them into frames (some old and some new), and spread them around the living room.


Each card is unique in it's own way and seems to fit in some special spot in the house. After the first of the new year, I'll gather them up, wrap them in tissue, and tuck them away until next Christmas. But for now, I'm enjoying every second of sweet memories!


I can't wait to dig out more cards and place them in frames... this could be my favorite Christmas present to myself in years!

If you have some frames that have photos in them, but you've been looking at them so long that you don't really notice the picture anymore, it's OKAY to just carefully switch them out, because you can always switch them back. It's a great way to refresh your photos and you'll love how much joy it brings you to see some of those old cards! (And if your photos are getting too much sun, it's good to give them a break so they don't fade as fast!). 


How do you display your old family Christmas cards?




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails