.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Preparedness Challenge #9

All of us know that we need to be prepared for life's little emergencies. And now, more of us are realizing that we need to be prepared for some of the big emergencies as well. But getting it done can be overwhelming. That's why this series was born... to encourage one another to do one thing each week to get prepared!


To participate, all you need to do is leave a comment or write a blog post and link up telling us one thing you did this week in order to be prepared (or two or three...). It's our way of holding each other accountable. Be sure to add the canning jar photo to your blog and link back here so others can participate as well. It encourages us all when others are joining in, don't you think?


This week for the Preparedness Challenge, I cleared out a store room, sold the stuff, and bought windows for a cold frame and made plans to buy blocks for retaining walls for my garden so I could extend the terraces for more plants. I really need to do more next week in terms of my pantry and 72 hour kit, but it was a really difficult homesteading week (I'll share more Monday on the Barn Hop - perhaps by then I'll be ready to talk about it.). But getting the garden in tip top shape in terms of hardscape will really make a difference long term. I think it's a good investment. 


How about you? Ready to share how you prepared?








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails