.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Preparedness Challenge #14

Welcome back to the Preparedness Challenge! Each week we gather here to share what we've done to prepare for life's unexpected events, whether it's putting up items in food storage, gathering emergency supplies, or learning skills for sustainable living.

This week for the preparedness challenge, I filled our propane tank for our camp stove and worked on our garden's watering system, which probably doesn't qualify as "preparedness" but since we've been traveling away from home for almost the entire week, it's about all I could do! At least I did ONE thing and I now know where my two propane tanks are and that at least one is filled.

I confess, I was a bit proud of myself for traveling prepared! Instead of eating out for the two days it took us to travel from CA to WA, we packed an ice chest and took an extra bag of food. This allowed us to eat some excellent meals with very little effort, saving us money and our health! Knowing we had food along the way was a blessing and I plan to do a little grocery shopping for the trip back. I'd love to find a farmer's market! Too bad I'm on the wrong side of Seattle or I'd go to Pike Place Market as I travel back through (we're soooo close).  My consolation is that we WILL be traveling through Cottage Grove, OR and I get to stop at Territorial Seed Company! Yahoo!!

Join The Challenge!

To join the Preparedness Challenge, just write a post on something you did this week to prepare and then link up below or leave a comment. Be sure to take the Preparedness Challenge Picture and add it to your blog so others know you're participating. Hopefully we can spread the word and encourage others to join!






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails