Monday, September 19, 2011

Barn Hop #28

Welcome Friends! Monday and time to Barn Hop through your homesteads and share the happenings from the past week.

I would like to report that I got a long list of projects done this week, or that I was ready for my goats and they finally arrived, or perhaps something exciting happened (okay, so fires can kind of be exciting, but I was thinking of something not so traumatic), but what I really have to report is... we got a lot of school done!

Week 2 of homeschool and thankfully, routine is already starting to fall into place. Not perfectly, mind you, but better than Week 1. In some ways, I think the girls did better than me, but in all honestly, it was because I spent some of "my time" (cleaning, cooking, gardening, etc.) helping them to solidify their own routine and understand their new curriculum and that kind of thing. In the long run this is choosing the best; the ultimate priority during those hours is school and helping them to grow in character and spirit, so it's all good. I just have to keep remembering that when things I often think are important don't get done.


Join The Barn Hop!
and Amy @ Homestead Revival...

...invite you to link up and share your homesteading adventures!

1. Write a blog post about what's going on at your homestead or a post on something you're learning or an item of interest that will benefit the homesteading community. Be sure to add the red barn button and link back here so others can join in the fun.

2. Come back here and enter your information in the Linky. Please be sure to link to your actual post (click your title and then copy the URL above) and not your home page so those participating later in the week can find your post easily.

3. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment and tell us what's going on at your homestead!

Please Note: As hostesses of the Homestead Barn Hop, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any links that are not family friendly. While this may be subjective, we will err on the side of caution in order to keep our blogs appropriate for all readers. Thank you for your understanding!












6 comments:

  1. Where's the linky this week? I've been out the last few barn hops so not sure if you've changed to that 'linkwithin' tool? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy:

    I am excited to join your barn hop...but have no ideas how to join Linky. I copied and pasted the Barn Hop photo in my post..but it says to come back here and put my info into the Linky. Sorry, but I have never done a Linky before.

    Can you help?

    Thanks,
    Connie
    www.treasures-evermore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer and Connie, glad to have you linking up. Sorry you're having trouble. Go to the bottom of all the square pictures where people have linked and just before the comments it says "You are next... click here to enter". Click the blue words and it will walk you through what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, Amy. Today I linked up a post on evening primrose, including how to identify it and how to use it (all parts are edible, and you can eat the seeds instead of buying the oil as a supplement). I've also put up several canning recipes on the blog recently, so those who enjoy preserving may want to take a look around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amy! Got it to work this evening! Earlier today I couldn't even see the link boxes or the place to link up? Lots of traffic maybe? Or....very likely me or my computer! ;) Thanks for hosting, it's glad to be back with y'all after a few weeks away! Only wish my link this week had more accomplishment than trajedy :( God bless and as always, thanks for an awesome site!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Homestead Revival™! Please feel free to contribute to the conversation by leaving your comments. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Eph. 4:29

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails