USA Emergency Supply is hosting a great give-away this month... how about an emergency light and radio that runs on solar power? Sun Tap Ultra Solar Dynamo is a great item to keep on hand... just in case!
Having a solar powered light and radio can go a long way to put your mind at ease during a crisis. When all the power in your area is gone, having contact with the "outside world" is huge! Just hearing a voice on the radio can be comforting, but getting information you need is crucial. And this device will help recharge your cell phone as well. Whether or not you still have cell service in an emergency depends on several conditions, but you're more likely to have it working than your land line and perhaps it will help you contact loved ones or help.
I keep a solar powered radio in the window of my pantry at all times so that it is constantly being recharged and ready to go. Earthquakes, tornados, and recent floods are almost always a possibility, so you can't wait to be prepared. But emergencies aren't the only time a solar powered light and radio is needed.
The other night as I was laying in bed, the coyotes were going crazy around my chicken coop. Suddenly, I was not confident that we had actually gotten in all the hens and closed the coop door. Being in the country and no lights installed yet on the hen house (it's on the project list!), it was totally dark out and I couldn't see without a flashlight. And of course, I couldn't find our big high powered flashlight that I use for just this purpose (someone who will remain anonymous didn't put it back where it belongs! Ever happen at your homestead?). At that point, ANY flashlight would do. So it's nice to have a back up.
Another consideration are the batteries. I don't like going through them so fast with the other flashlight, so having a light that recharges with just the sun seems so much more economical and green. In fact, it just might become my first choice in the future!
Needless to say, if you don't win this giveaway, you still need a solar powered light and radio. Consider making just one purchase a month to help your family become prepared and in a year, you'll be well on your way to being equipped to meet your basic needs.
1. Visit USA Emergency Supply and check out all their radio and light options. Be sure to read more about the Sun Tap Ultra Solar Dynamo and tell me a feature on it that you feel is important to have in an emergency (I haven't told you all it's features yet, so you'll want to check it out).
2. Come back here and leave a comment telling me.
3. To enter a second time (optional), blog about this giveaway and link back to Homestead Revival™ and leave a second, separate comment telling me.
A Few Simple Rules:
1. Giveaway ends Friday night at 11:59 pm PST.
2. You must be a follower of Homestead Revival™ - any of the options in my right side bar are fine.
3. You must leave me a way to contact you - either on your profile page, a link to your blog, or include your email in the comment.
4. Winner must respond by email within 48 hours of being contacted.
USA Emergency Supply is a paying advertiser on Homestead Revival™ and generously donates all give-away items they sponsor.
Remember, in a crisis, you can be the one dependent upon and needing the help of others, or you can be ready and hopefully the one to help someone else. Which will you be?