.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Barn Hop #9

It's Monday... let's Do-sa-do and hop on over to some homesteads for a visit! Join us, won't you?

and Me!

Write a blog post on what's happening at your homestead, something you've learned recently, or something homestead related that will benefit others and then come back here and link up (please link directly to your post, not your homepage). Don't forget to help cultivate the community further by including the red Homestead Barn Hop logo on your post so others will have an opportunity to read some great posts.

Thanks to all 83 of you who participated last week! Wow! What an awesome week!

Here at my own homestead, it was a sad week in terms of chickens... we lost 3. Two to a coyote. We spent some time this week shoring up the back side of the run after we clipped their wings and now, all the girls have been staying in the chicken yard ever since. 

The girls enjoying one last treat before the new chicken wire covers the area.
We dug a trench, added chicken wire and sunk it into the ground.


Bees are arriving Tuesday! I got my hive in place, although I may end up moving it. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this... I put it in the corner of my vegetable garden because I was concerned about putting it outside the fenced area due to predators (I also ordered some Nite Guard lights to help protect it). I'm concerned it will be too close to where I'm working every day.  What do you think?

Bee hive in corner of the garden.
I will be tilling this area soon!


Please keep in prayer those who were effected by the recent tornados this week, especially those who lost loved ones. It will be some time before many will be able to return to life as "normal". A challenge to say the least.

Now it's your turn to link up!

Please Note: As hostesses of the Homestead Barn Hop, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any links that are not family friendly. While this may be subjective, we will err on the side of caution in order to keep our blogs appropriate for all readers. Thank you for your understanding!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails