Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update: New Life On A Homestead

Well, praise the LORD! Kendra at New Life On A Homestead is back up and running after the very trying experience of having her blog hacked by an automated crawler of some kind. She still doesn't have all the graphics working, a few pages won't load, and she lost a few posts that hadn't been backed up prior to the crawler, but thankfully, she does not have to start from scratch. In time, she'll get the rest sorted out, but it would be awesome if we could send some traffic her way today and let her know we're still around. And for all those who "liked" her on Facebook during this bump in the road, THANK YOU! That is part of what it means to cultivate the homestead community!


By the way... her message to all of you who use a platform that requires backing up... do it daily!

UPDATE at 10:45 on 2/22/12:
Unfortunately, whatever is attacking her site has done it again (after being problem free for 24 hours!). Please pray for Kendra so that this can be resolved. It's very frustrating and time consuming for her. I can only imagine! I'll try to let you know when she gets it resolved.


15 comments:

  1. I will go by and visit! I'm so thankful she didn't lose everything. I can't imagine...

    Please do not think that I am naive, but,
    How do you back up your blog???

    Carissa
    swishfam4@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. She still has a trojan on her website. My computer detects it when going to her site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to click over and my browser said it blocked a threat at her website :( So she might not have all the kinks out yet poor thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Amy, you are such a sweetie. But I'm re-hacked. I don't know what to do. Better take this down :( Sorry *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra, if you need any help... I have experience in this. Feel free to email me, my schedule right now is pretty open, meg@oceanwidedesigns.com no one should have to go through this!

      Delete
    2. Kendra, I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I never thought a blog could get hacked. Do you have any add ons from other sites (pictures, blinkies, buttons, etc)?

      I hope this is over fast!

      Delete
  5. Oh thats awful . Some people need to get a life and leave others alone ! I will pop over and say hey ! Thanks for letting us know !

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S Have you heard that Google Friend Connect will be no longer by the end of the month . Here is the link to explain it all ! http://www.linkytoolsblog.com/ Bloggers are tring to spread the news as I had a week ago about this so that no one looses followers or bloggers in blog land !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tryed to go to New Life On A Homestead it is a .com not a blogspot maybe thats why the site will not load , doesnt exist it says ! just to let ya know it maybe our internet . I will try again later !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendra, thank you for fighting to keep your blog a safe place for us. I really appreciate it. Keep going! I will visit your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your sweet support :) I'll figure out something eventually, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had bloggers come to my site and because I have her on my friends list it gives people a warning about her blog and that my blog may be affected...and it says do not go forward...I hate warning people about her blog...I will give an update on mine...

    Why can't people leave others alone...Tell her I do love her site..I was always reading it...it also gave a warning about another homestead site to.. I don't know if they hit ones that homestead in their blog name I have no idea...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi AMy,

    I was so happy and then sad to hear that she's having trouble with her site ...again. I'll definitely keep her in prayer!!!! I'll stick around till everything is up and running again :) :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we finally got it back up :) It was a very detailed hacking... worst I've ever seen! Still combing through everything, but it should be good to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Homestead Revival™! Please feel free to contribute to the conversation by leaving your comments. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Eph. 4:29

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails