I have good news for those of you who are overwhelmed with the idea of homesteading and your not sure where to begin. Urbanites and rural folks alike should take note...
The Prairie Homestead has just released her new eBook Your Custom Homestead! Homesteading is as unique as each individual who has a dream for his or her home, but that can also make it hard to know where to begin! There's so many things one could do! This is not a "how to" book, but rather a 21 day challenge to work through organizing your thoughts and dreams for your own land whether it's in the middle of an urban center or way out in the country. For example, she'll show you how to:
• Create a homesteading binder to keep your operation running smoothly
• Formulate a homestead mission statement and set goals.
• Follow your homesteading ambitions, even if you live in an area with restrictive homeowner’s associations and covenants.
• Embrace your current location, no matter how “unlikely” it may be.
• Expand your knowledge base and acquire new skills.
• Begin planning for homestead animals and growing seasons.
• And much, much more!
If you're new to homesteading and don't know where to begin, this book will help point you in the right direction so you can determine exactly what you want to achieve given your current situation. If you're an urbanite and think that moving to the country would solve it all, remember, no place is perfect. Each homestead will have it's own pros and cons to deal with. Jill's personal story is woven throughout to give you an idea of her own limitations that she's had to work with, yet she was able to find a solution that worked for her.
You can find out more on Jill's blog AND receive a discount code for 20% off now through February 24th! And if you're still not sure, you can read a chapter now before you buy. So why wait?