.

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Big 500!

Homestead Revival™ has hit the 500 mark!! Five hundred followers that is! I'm pretty blown away by those numbers, especially in such a short time (I only started this blog in February). But mostly because each number represents YOU! It's really been encouraging to see so many people who are either already like minded or have been considering a homesteading lifestyle. Everyone has blessed me with such kind comments and messages, tips, shared experiences, concerns, questions, funny stories, and best of all, lots of friendship! Thank you for being a part of the mission to return to the home and land!

If you're fairly new here, I'd like to welcome you and thank you for taking precious time out of your day to read this blog. There are certainly plenty of other blogs you could read, so I value your support. I hope you find lots of information to help you in your journey as well as connections that will be of great value. And in time, I pray you make a few friends, too.



Please don't forget the Homestead Revival™ Community Forum hosted over at BlogFrog! We're having a great time over there learning from one another! And it's a great place to get to know some other homesteaders better. Here are just a few of our recent hot topics:

• An extended discussion on simplifying
• Types of oil that are best for cooking and baking
• Advice for finding an ideal homestead location
• What we've been canning this summer
• Raw milk
• Dealing with squash bugs
• And plenty more!

So what's ahead for Homestead Revival™ ? Hopefully, plenty more on homesteading, of course! But I hope to...

• Post more recipes (as requested by readers)
• More frugal living tips and cleaning recipes
• Talk more about bees and goats as I expand my own homestead this year
• Continue the monthly Homestead Revival™ On Tour series I just started
• More great give-aways and product reviews
• Publish some eBooks

First and foremost, I consider this blog a ministry. It's how I hope to mentor the next generation. But, like a lot of you, I'm also a stay-at-home mom who is trying to STAY at home! (With this economy, it's going to be a bumpy road for most of us.) In order to do so, I have needed to be a bit like the Proverbs 31 woman and find some creative ways to bring in additional income without leaving the home full time. And I'm hoping this blog will be one of those avenues. So I greatly appreciate your support of... 

• my new advertisers which are located on the right side bar
• my affiliates on the "SHOP" page (top tab) should you need a blender or dehydrator
• my bookstore for any of your Amazon needs (see "BOOKS" tab at top)
• my future eBooks when available

For those of you already shopping these areas, thank you so very much! I'm starting to make a little income and it's very encouraging. 


Be sure and stop by Monday even though it is a holiday; I will be unveiling my new fall banner! Don't worry, the existing one will be back in the spring or summer, but trust me, you're going to love this new one, too!


And before you leave today, I'd love to hear comments on what you'd like to see or read about at Homestead Revival™ in the next few months!
Blessings friends!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails