.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eggplant With Latholemono

After a while, you'll find that I cook a lot of Greek dishes. I love Mediterranean cuisine, but especially Greek food. Combining this with locally fresh produce (straight from my garden), makes my taste buds very happy. And most of it is very healthy, too! A great added benefit that makes me happy.


This particular recipe utilizes a latholemono which is a combination of olive oil and lemon juice mixed together and applied to a food just prior to serving. It's great on everything from fish to salads, but for this dish, I'm using it on eggplant which is currently coming from my garden in abundance. I prefer the more slender japanese type, but use whatever variety you have and enjoy!




Eggplant With Latholemono
Makes 4 small servings


1 large or 2 small slender eggplants
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
olive oil
1 lemon
salt
garlic cloves, minced


Slice the eggplant in 1/4 inch slices and brush both sides with olive oil. Cook over medium high heat until golden on both sides (or try grilling it!). Arrange on a serving platter and top with chopped parsley. 


Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a 2:1 ratio (try 4 T. lemon juice and 2 T. olive oil). Add salt to taste  (1-2 tsp.) and about 4 cloves of garlic (add more if you love garlic). Mix well and drizzle over eggplant, then serve immediately while still warm. 


How do you like to eat eggplant?





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails