.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Preparedness Challenge #15

Wow! Our 15th week of the Preparedness Challenge! How's it working for you? Anyone out there feel more prepared since we started this journey together? I know it has me thinking differently. Each week my mind is alert to ways I can prepare, even if I am making slow progress. Just keep thinking about the Tortoise and the Hare - slow and steady wins the race... uhhh, I mean, slow and steady is PREPARED!

This week, I assembled my Pioneer Drying Rack that I received from Forgotten Way Farms. Oh, it's so lovely, too! Daniel and Abby Jo do a wonderful job making these so that they're heirloom quality. Anyway, now I'm ready for drying during inclement weather - off grid! I suspect it will be used year round for various things as well, such as drying herbs. I think it would lovely as a quilt display.


I was blessed to be able to pick 23# of cherries for free, saving me a ton of money! They've been pitted and frozen for making jam this next week (and maybe a few pies!). I think I'll take the money I saved and buy a couple of cherry trees for our garden. Then I'll have my own in a few years, Lord willing!


Finally, I purchased some seeds for my fall garden at Territorial Seed Company when I was up there this week. All varieties that I chose were actually for Winter gardening, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep going right into the cool weather under row covers. I just need to get some conduit, bend it, and order the actual cover.



Join The Challenge!

To join the Preparedness Challenge, just write a post on something you did this week to prepare and then link up below or leave a comment. Be sure to take the Preparedness Challenge Picture and add it to your blog so others know you're participating. Hopefully we can spread the word and encourage others to join!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails