• your husband asks what you want for your birthday and you get a dreamy look in your eyes as you tell him, "An addition to the chicken coop would be divine!"
• your definition of "laying out in the sun" is a reference to solar dehydrating.
• it's 9 o'clock in the morning and you're still in your pajamas weeding in the garden.
• your recipe box includes feed mixes for your animals.
• the family regularly opens the refrigerator to find leftover seed packets next to the homemade goat cheese.
• "discretionary spending" means you had a little extra money at the end of the month for additional fencing material.
• somethings always fermenting in the kitchen.
• the children pray for one of the animals at every meal.
• the energy saving dryer in your home is a clothesline.
• you plan your wardrobe to match your muck boots.
• your other vehicle is a pick up truck (or it's used like one!).
• staying up late is anything after 9 o'clock.
• a hot date in town is dinner at 5 and then heading over to the hardware store to walk the isles together.
• evening prayers are always filled grateful thanks because you know for certain the Lord provided it all.
• at night, you dream of tractors, baby goats, and bumper crops!
So, how did you know when you were a farm girl?