.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Barn Hop #37

Well, it's been quite an exciting week at my own homestead as many of you already know! I'll resist the urge to talk more about my new little goats, except to say, they're even cuter and more wonderful than I thought! I'm just hoping a do better with them than I did the bees!

Speaking of which, in about a month it will be time to order bees again, but this time, I'm thinking I'll go with some nucs, which would include several hive frames from a colony that is already established along with the bees and a queen. Our local hometeading group has formed a sub group for beekeeping and I got some great leads on natural beekeepers in Southern California who actually sell nucs. My husband is a bit concerned about my allergies to bee stings, so if I'm going to do this, I've decided it would be best to also spend time this winter getting a prescription for an epipen and take another round of stuff the homeopathic doctor has recommended to help build up my immunity.

The bulk of this coming week is going to be set aside for shopping for the big dinner this week and a few Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving, a trip to work at the Operation Christmas Child packing facility, getting the family Christmas photo taken, getting some goat supplies, and encouraging a daughter to write a 500 page essay before Thursday! Writing it all out like this looks CRAZY, but other than the one paper we're taking the week off from homeschool. And the more I get done BEFORE December 1st, the more I can relax and prepare my heart for Christmas while spending time with my family doing the important things. So I hope to squeeze in a blog post or two, but if not, I'll be back on-line soon, Lord willing!

Don't forget... this Saturday is our monthly PREPAREDNESS CHALLENGE! See you here!


Join The Barn Hop!
and Amy @ Homestead Revival...

...invite you to link up and share your homesteading adventures!

1. Write a blog post about what's going on at your homestead or a post on something you're learning or an item of interest that will benefit the homesteading community. Be sure to add the red barn button and link back here so others can join in the fun.

2. Come back here and enter your information in the Linky. Please be sure to link to your actual post (click your title and then copy the URL above) and not your home page so those participating later in the week can find your post easily.

3. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment and tell us what's going on at your homestead!

Please Note: As hostesses of the Homestead Barn Hop, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any links that are not family friendly. While this may be subjective, we will err on the side of caution in order to keep our blogs appropriate for all readers. Thank you for your understanding!







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails