.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet The New Herd

After 2+ long years of learning about goats and trying to figure out the best way to go about it all, we have finally added three Kinders to our little homestead! I learned the hard way that you really need to be prepared before bringing home an animal, no matter how darling they may seem at the moment and your excitement or motivation to care for them. So I wanted to be sure that we could really do this before I jumped in with both feet. And suddenly, things started falling into place.


 I can tell you right now, I've already fallen head over heals for these three! Their personalities are so sweet and they are very loving. The two black goats are wethers and the tan goat is a doe which we hope to breed in the immediate future.

Meet Fiona Bleu...

 Orville...

 And Orion...

What's not to love about these characters?!

So, I still have lots to learn and feel like a total novice at this (which I am!). But so far, we're all getting acquainted quite nicely... with the exception of my oldest golden retriever who wasn't so sure at first, but after a night to sleep on it, I think she's reconsidered her first opinion of them.




A new adventure begins...



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails