.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Inspiration Friday: Farmhouse Outdoor Lighting

I love the industrial looking farmhouse lighting. A while back I picked up these great lights at a flea market and rewired them for our front porch. It's amazing what a little detail does for the overall look of a place!



However, we still have some wall sconces that don't match the style of our house. And a few $2 lights as well. Definitely budget friendly, but not very stylish. We can live with them, but what would really look great is something like this...



As much as I like these (from Barn Light Electric), they start at something close to $90 and go up from there. Definitely good quality and I think they would be a good purchase. Just not affordable for us right now.

Then I saw these at Lowe's...


Stylistically these are nearly identical, however they're not truly galvanized... they have a galvanized looking finish. On the other hand, they are only $24.98. Even at that price I can't buy a lot, but over time, I could buy one every now and then and slowly replace my existing sconces (and if I resell the other "nicer" sconces, I could maybe pay for a few!).

Then I got to thinking about these painted beauties...
Yes! White would match my antique fixtures perfectly! I thought I'd try one for the chicken coop since we really needed a light out there. So a trip to Lowe's and a little spray paint for metal and...



Looking good and saving money! Love it!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails