.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Greek Marinade

By far, my favorite food is anything Mediterranean. Especially, something Greek! And one of my favorite ways to eat meat is to marinade it and grill it. This fresh herb recipe is at the top of my list! As you will see, it doesn't have to be exact and you can play with it to achieve the results that please you the most.

Greek Marinade

1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (I've substituted dry mustard in a pinch)
2 T. dried oregano (or if you have a LOT of fresh, use about 6 T. of the fresh)
1 T. fresh chopped thyme leaves or 1 tsp. dried
2 T. fresh chopped parsley or 2 tsp. dried (I tend to use a bit more of the dried)
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 T. fresh chopped rosemary or 1 tsp. dried



Combine ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over your meat and marinade for 1-2 hours.



I use my Food Saver meat marinader and leave it out on the counter for a couple of hours to really get the flavor in the meat. Here I just used some inexpensive stew meat for k-bobs. I don't even really bother skewing it. My husband just throws it in the grill basket to cook.



This entree is wonderful with my Mediterranean Couscous and some grilled vegetables. Tonight, I'm going to grill some onions along with the lovely zucchini we got from my friend's absolutely amazing homestead that we visited today. Thanks for a lovely afternoon, Jan!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails