.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Barn Hop #5

It's Monday! Yahoo! Homestead Barn Hop Day! I hope you have a post to share so you can link up and we can all come visiting today. I'm most anxious to see what you're up to.


Wow... it's been busy here! I spent most of my time this week preparing for a gardening class I taught at our local nursery. You know how that goes... the teacher always learns the most. I spent hours reviewing techniques and notes so I'd be fresh on my material and now I'm so ready to get after it in the garden! Thankfully, we're have several days of rain in our typically dry region, so I don't want to complain. But it isn't allowing me to get out into the yard. I think I'll just be patient and wait. 


Another thing I did this week is work on culturing buttermilk, sour cream, and yogurt. I'm loving the GNOWFGLINS™ class on Cultured Dairy and Cheese Making. We're swimming in wonderful probiotics and cultures!





Abby at Forgotten Way Farms is hosting a give-away for a DVD, Making Herbs Simple. I'd really like to learn more about using herbs medicinally. I'm thinking this would be a great summer project, what do you think?




Later this week I'll be hosting the ladies from our local Homesteading Group to make homemade soap! I've been waiting for months to do this, so I can hardly wait! I hope I don't get so excited I forget to take pictures!


So, what's happening at your homestead?



Join the Barn Hop Hostesses for another round of 
Cultivating the Homestead Community:

and Me!






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails