.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Momo Made It Aprons!

I've been looking at the aprons at Joan's "Momo's Retro Fashions" for quite a while, drooling over the gorgeous fabrics, beautiful styles, and excellent craftsmanship. Not sure why I kept putting off making a purchase because an apron is like an essential mom uniform to me. It energizes my spirit and gets me moving! Anyway, this week, I finally gave myself permission to make the purchase. I don't know if it was the two weeks of rainy weather or the green grass and daffodils coming up everywhere that announced spring was here, but something made me feel like a fresh apron was in order - ASAP!



Before I could blink an eye, it arrived in the mail! And inside, such a lovely presentation... kind of made me feel like a domestic queen!



Beautiful! I love this fabric...



That card on the far right is a recipe for Whipping Cream Pound Cake. Looking at the ingredients it reminds me of the old pound cake recipes like my great-grandmother use to make... probably tastes like heaven and will add a few pounds to my hips!


I think the fact that Joan's uses fabrics that are fresh and modern looking but with a nod to the past, is what gives her aprons that special touch I was looking for. I wanted something kind of vintage or retro, but I didn't want to look like I was wearing my grandmother's apron, either. Check out some of these other cute styles and fabrics...






Can you tell I had trouble choosing one? I may have to get another one later in the summer! If you want to see more, you're going to need to go over to her etsy store and drool over there for a while!




And you know another thing I'm going to love about my new apron? Since it's made out of 100 percent cotton, the more I wash it, the better it's going to get! Soft and comfy, just like grandmother's. But this time it will be mine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails